· Develop and manual as well as automated tests in order to ensure software product quality.
· Estimating, planning, and coordinating testing activities.
· Ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved.
· The ability to quickly assess risk, lead a team to a decision point and ensure plans are executed are critical skills required to perform this role.
· This is a very hands-on, highly interactive role in a fast-paced, ever-changing production environment.
Responsibilities (Manual and Automated)
· Participate in the Sprint planning and product-grooming meetings to understand, analyze and influence the application/service/system to be tested.
· Identify the risks and appropriate test coverage to validate new features as well as regression, and develop test plans and cases.
· Come up with systems and processes to increase efficiency and identify the area of testing that can be automated.
· Execute test cases, manually or in an automated fashion, capture and analyze the results, document issues and prepare test reports.
· Present testing results and progress to the management team
· Use Test Management tools to create, maintain, track and execute test cases; as well as use Defect Tracking tools.
· Analyze and identify the issues found during testing, either work with the Development teams and/or the Product management teams to diagnose them.
· Understand the business aspects, as well as the ways the customers are using the system; and check if the system is performing as it should have been
· Take over a Test Activity and feature/s lead; including planning, executing, communicating, tracking, and reporting.
· Leading activity and test project capabilities include Planning, designing, preparing, and executing the tests.
· Manage a team of QA engineers.
· Lead standup meetings with QA team
· Promote a spirit of collaboration across teams and individuals.
· Passion for learning and mentoring.
· Passion for process automation and software quality.
· 5+ years of QA experience including writing and executing test plans
· 1+ years of management experience
· 2-3 years of experience in designing and writing API automation
· Knowledge of script programming
· Knowledge of tools like Jira, CI/CD, release planning
· Strong design, coding and debugging skills (hands-on).
· Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
· Advanced hands-on experience in building automated regression testing capabilities using current technologies
· Team player, Independent, out-of-the-box thinker, and self-learner.
· The ability to work in a dynamic environment which can be changed frequently
· Experience in any ERP or HRMS will be advantageous
· Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English
Bachelors Degree or Post Graduate Degree in a Science or Engineering related discipline.